The Palms Hotel & Spa provides job stability and supports team members with a professional, friendly management team that includes a dedicated Personnel/Training department. Many of our team members, both management and line level, have been part of our team for an average 5 years and some as much as 20 years and more! If you seek a career in the hotel industry, we will provide you with all possible tools to learn, gain experience, and advance in your field of interest.
Team Member Monthly Development Trainings at a Glance
- Best Face Forward: Using The Video “Best Face Forward” We will explore the main reasons to establish a better understanding for our grooming standards. This training will breakdown the guidelines for leaving a lasting positive first impression.
- Right Words at the Right Time: Exploring the needed skills that can equip our team members with a step by step process to turn frustrations or complaints into understanding and solutions.
- Keys to Great Service: Training will use the 4 Basic Principles of the customer service workshop called “Give ‘Em the Pickle”. Each key will enhance team members’ ability to have a powerful approach to improving service.
- Delivering Great Service 101: Focusing on the “What’s Your Pickle?” principles that will create an atmosphere for a willingness to determine what our guest really wants. These principles will enhance the basic keys of great guest service.
- Exceeding Expectations/Attention to Detail: In depth understanding in needed skills to exceeding guest expectations. This training will use the Hospitality A.C.E. Focus. Attentive, Courteous, Efficient three basic teachings that will create a better way for team members to interact with our guest.
- Becoming a Sales Winner: Basic needs and skills in becoming a true successful sales person in the following departments: F&B, Spa and Front Desk. This training will involve in 7 Tips that will enhance each individuals understanding in producing more sales.
- Hotel Total Maintenance: Keeping up with hotel standards and observation to attention to detail. The Goal is to establish a team work mentality to accomplishing basic repairs for the upkeep of The Palms.
- Manager Skills-“LoveEm or LoseEm”: This is Workshop Training will be based on the Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em Employee Retention Program. The focus will be on different ways to create a positive work environment by the managers to keep our star team members, different ideas that can be beneficial to enhance the hotel for all team members to feel a sense of pride and commitment.