The Palms Hotel & Spa and Circa 39 Hotel offers paid operations-focused internships in the Rooms Division, Food & Beverage tracks, as well as advanced internships in Revenue Management, at two of Miami Beach’s most stable and unique independent hotels.
- Minimum age: 21
- Above-average English language
- Internships are paid at approximately $ 1,500/month based on 40 hours/week
- A minimum commitment of 1 year is required
- We currently do not participate in the Summer-work-travel Program
- Any program costs associated with obtaining a J-1 Visa must be paid by the intern. A list of sponsoring agencies is available upon request or can be found under here for interns and here for Trainees
- Housing is provided for the first 2 weeks
- All travel related expenses is paid by you
Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a full-service 4 Star hotel. We customize the internships based on the candidates’ past and academic background. Operations-focused internships are best suited for candidates with little prior experience, who need practical experience as part of their curriculum, or for individuals who have completed their apprenticeship at a hotel.
Program Costs: J-1 related Visa fees are approximately $ 2500.00 USD
The Net Pay for a 40 hour workweek translates into approximately $ 1,500.00 net/month. Internships are 40-hour work weeks with varying schedules.
Two (2) weeks accommodation includes breakfast/lunch/dinner
Please note that most landlords require a security deposit, first and last month rent, to be paid up-front. Rental expense for a furnished studio is approximately $ 1000.00/month.
- A current resume, written in English
- Certificates of proof of past employments, internships and a list of references are welcome
- Dates for your internship
Allow up to 10 business days for a response.