The Palms Hotel & Spa has created this privacy & cookies policy to inform you of how we collect, use, share, and secure your personal information on this website, which we own and operate as the data controller. Please review this Privacy & Cookies Policy carefully.
Information You Provide To Us. When you complete a reservation, sign up for our email specials, private sales or monthly Happenings flyers, speak to our team, send us an email, check-in to your room, apply for a job, or take advantage of special offers through the I Prefer loyalty program, you are giving us Personal Information that we collect. This information, on its own or when combined with other information, can be used to identify you, such as your first and last name, gender, email address, telephone number(s), postal address, and (when you make a reservation online) payment card information. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals younger than the age of 18. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected personal information online from anyone younger than the age of 18, we will use commercial reasonable efforts to delete that information. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use the website unless your parent or guardian has provided us with their consent.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you use our website, we or our service providers (including analytics providers, advertising companies and third party content providers), will also collect information about your use of the website and the device you use to access the website (e.g., your computer, tablet, phone, etc.) such as your internet Protocol (IP address) and country location, browser information (including browser type, capabilities, and language), operating system, the date and time you accessed the website, and websites usage information, including the paths taken as you move from one webpage to another webpage (i.e., your “click stream” activity), the URL or advertisement that referred you. We may use this information for a variety of purposes, including analyzing and improving our services and products, to provide special offers, and to select content to display to you.
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed.
Social Media/Integration with Third Party Platforms
Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
How we use your Information
We may use information about you, including Personal Information and Usage Information, to:
- To provide the features and functionality of the website to you.
- To facilitate your hotel reservations.
- To give you rewards through the I Prefer loyalty program, and to inform you about special promotions that run throughout the year.
- To identify you as the sender of, and to process, your emails.
- To respond to questions, complaints and comments.
- To improve, enhance, and tailor the Websites for you (for example by providing content or features that match your interests), and to improve and enhance the overall experience for all users of the Websites.
- To send you emails about special offers or promotions, if you have consented to this subsequent to receiving our opt-in email.
How we share your information: We may share non-Personal Information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information and Usage Information with third parties, including advertisers, content providers, and analytics providers, in our discretion and for a variety of purposes. We also may share the information we have collected about you, including Personal Information, as described in this Privacy & Cookies Policy, including the following reasons:
- Service providers: We use third parties to perform services on our behalf, such as payment processing, email marketing, analytics, promotions, and customer service. These service providers will access your personal information as necessary for them to perform their duties. For example, we will share bank details and payment card information with payment processors when you provide a payment card in connection with a purchase.
- Administrative and Legal Reasons. We may also transfer and disclose user information, including Personal Information, to third parties: (1) in the event we are required to respond to subpoenas or other legal process or if in our opinion such disclosure is required by law; (2) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; or (3) to protect the personal safety, rights, property or security of the Services or any individual. We may also use Device Identifiers, including IP addresses, to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, Internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion.
- Business Transfers. We may share Personal Information with our sister company, and with our subsidiaries and affiliated entities primarily for business and operational purposes. We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Site, including Personal Information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Sites or one of our databases; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of certain of our ownership interests, assets, or both, or other company change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Cookies: We use cookie technology as part of our website’s statistical reporting and for other purposes relating to making our Website available to you. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard disk by your computer’s browser. It holds information a website may need to personalize your experience, including by determining whether you are logged in to your account. If you prefer, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie and privacy preferences. Please note that if you reject cookies, your use of the website may be impaired.
Web Beacons: A web beacon is an electronic image, also called a single-pixel or clear GIF, placed in the code of a webpage or in emails. Our website uses web beacons and similar technologies to track traffic patterns of users as they navigate from one page to another. This information may help us improve our users’ browsing experience. We also use web beacons through a third party website analytics provider, as well as standard web server log files, to help us count visitors and evaluate the technical capacity of the Websites. This information tells us how many people visit the Websites and helps us decide how to arrange pages in the most user-friendly way.
Security: We take commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it, including encryption of Personal Information transmitted over the Internet by Secure Socket Layer (SSL). However, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you submit and you do so at your own initiative and risk.
Data Subject Access Requests: For our guests who are European Union citizens, or reside within the European Economic Area, additional rights have been granted to you by the GDPR. These rights include your ability to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete personal information previously provided to The Palms Hotel & Spa. We extend these rights to all of our Data Subjects, no matter where they reside. This can be done by submitting a Data Subject Access Request. Please send your request to email@example.com and identify the nature of your request as it relates to any personal information which may have been previously provided (review, update, correct, suppress, or delete). For the protection of our guests, Data Subject Access Requests will only be responded to if matching records (email address or mailing address) can be located within our systems. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Sending sensitive personal information (e.g., social security number, passport number, national identification number) is discouraged and will not expedite your Data Subject Access Request in any way, as this information is not collected or stored by us.
Contact us: If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us using the following details: