Frequently Asked Questions
Who can I contact for questions about a reservation?
See a list of all our contact information here.
Is The Palms Hotel a smoke free hotel?
The Palms Hotel & Spa prohibits smoking in all indoor spaces. Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas outside. We charge a $250 deep-cleaning fee for smoking in the guestroom.
What time is check-in and check-out?
- Check-in: 4:00pm Check-out: 11.00am
- A later check-out time might be granted by the Front Desk on your departure day. It is based upon availability and a nominal fee might apply.
- Video Checkout and Express Checkout available
- Minimum age for check-in: 21 years
Does The Palms Hotel accept special bedding requests?
- Rollaway beds are not available
- Baby cribs are available free of charge
What is the cancellation policy?
Reservations can be cancelled for free up until 3 days prior to arrival. A first nights room and tax deposit will be retained in the event of a no show or late cancellation. Please refer to your reservation confirmation for details. Click here to view cancellation and deposit policies.
Are there any special events cancellation policies?
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card at time of reservation. The first night’s room and tax will be charged to the guest’s credit card at time of booking. This deposit is nonrefundable.
- Reservations over high demand dates are not cancellable and the full value of the reservation (including taxes) is due in the event of no-show.
- Changes to existing reservations are only permitted up until 14 days prior to arrival and are subject to a $ 25.00 administration fee.
- Reductions in the length of stay are subject to the full value of the reservation (including taxes).
What is the child policy at the hotel?
- Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent/guardian’s room, using existing bedding.
- At Essensia Restaurant, a special kids menu is also available for children 12 years old and under.
What credit card may I use to reserve my room?
The Palms Hotel & Spa is happy to honor the following credit cards:
- American Express
- Diners/Carte Blanche
A valid credit card must be presented upon check in. An amount equal to room/ tax (unless prepaid) plus estimated incidentals for the entire stay will be authorized upon check-in. Please contact the hotel directly to inquire about details.
What is the hotel fee?
Room rates quoted do not include our hotel fee of $29 per room per night (inclusive of tax).
This fee includes:
- Unlimited wireless internet access
- All local phone and toll free calls up to 15 minutes in duration
- Chromecast in-room entertainment streaming
- Daily newspapers in the lobby
- Beach chairs & towels for all registered guests in party
- Usage of fitness center and yoga classes
What are the policies for the Pool & Beach?
Non-registered guests, pets, glass containers, coolers and outside food and beverages are prohibited on the pool deck (even if Tiki Cabanas are being rented for the day) and if hotel installations (such as loungers, etc.) on the beach are being used. Please note that straws are only to be used in the pool area, if at all, since they’re prohibited on Miami Beach. The same applies to any type of foam, such as Styrofoam coolers, cups, plates, etc.
What is the cost of parking?
- Overnight valet parking fee: $42
- Daily Parking: $29
- Essensia Restaurant: Special daily valet parking rate of $15 for Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch or Dinner.
- The Palms Spa by Aveda: Special daily valet parking rate of $15 with proof of purchase of a spa treatment
- Events: $20 daily valet parking rate
Does the hotel provide its own shuttle service to and from the airport?
The hotel does not have shuttle service to and from the airport. For information on transportation to and from the airports please click here. Our Concierge Team will gladly arrange Sedan or Limousine Transfer Service from/to your point of arrival. Please contact our concierge at 305.908.5468 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Does the hotel charge for guest packages?
All packages are held up to 7 days prior to arrival. There is a $7 holding fee per package.
What is your pet policy?
Sorry, The Palms Hotel & Spa does not accommodate pets.
We had a great stay at The Palms. It was just lovely, amazing decor and ambiance. Lovely tropical landscape, just luxurious!! I will definitely be back. Best location, spotless hotel, friendly staff!! - google Reviewer March 2019
We stayed here for 5 nights in November the hotel has a lovely Caribbean feel to it and the pool area is great for relaxing during the day. Great location on the quieter end of South Beach gate from pool area to the boardwalk and beach and only a 15 minute walk along to Ocean Drive. Rooms were spacious and modern and recently renovated the restaurant is great for breakfast but there are other options near by also.We would book here again next time in a Miami. -tripadvisor Reviewer March 2019
One week of peace and quiet in lush well cared for, yet not overly manicured oasis. Free yoga sessions in the week, some even on the beach to greet the new morning. Delicious salmon bagels...one is enough for three people! Gorgeous place. - tripadvisor Reviewer February 2019